Due to the sudden increase of Covid-19 cases here, the Library Board has decided to move the library back to our Stage 1 status, which is as follows:
• The building is closed to the public. Employees may still be coming in to maintain the collections and to provide essential services, but are encouraged to do as much work as possible from home (answering the phone and email, maintaining the website and social media sites, backlogged work and training). When employees are at the Library, enhanced hygiene practices are being followed, e.g. frequent hand washing, disinfecting of high-use surfaces, and personal distancing.
• The physical collection is still available to the public through a curbside service. Patrons are encouraged to browse the online catalog and then contact us to request materials, which are checked out to them and handed out at the door. When items are returned, they are checked in and then immediately set aside in a designated area for quarantine for at least 72 hours. After quarantine, they are wiped down with disinfecting wipes and returned to the shelves.
• Operating hours are reduced to 12:30-5:30 Monday through Friday.
• All programs and meetings are canceled; however, where possible, virtual programming will be provided (e.g. story times). We will be looking for ways to provide more virtual programming as the shut down goes on.
• We know that printing is sometimes essential and that this community doesn’t have many resources for that, so we are allowing people to email documents that need to be printed and Library staff will print them and meet the patrons at the door with them.
• The community is encouraged to use the Library’s online resources, i.e. ebooks, emovies, databases, etc. Many of our vendors have enhanced their services or are offering services at no cost for a limited time. Library card numbers are required for most of these resources, so if a community member doesn’t have one, they are encouraged to call the Library and staff will take their information and create an account for them over the phone.
• The Library’s wifi is always on and is accessible from outside the building.
We will reevaluate when the school is able to reopen, and are happy to continue to serve you! Please give us a call if we can pull books or other materials for you!